The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 499 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 499 errorHandler->error
/global.php 459 my_date
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 499 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 460 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 394 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 394 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 395 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 395 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 396 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 396 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 474 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
File Line Function
/global.php 818 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 394 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 163 my_date
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 395 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 396 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 365 my_date
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

THE DEEP guide

Hey everyone,

I hope you will enjoy this guide and hope it will reawaken some interest for this great zone !

Ladies and gentelmens, please take your seats, light your cigarette, have a beer, welcome to ...

THE DEEP
[Image: oklSlrP.png]

1/ Getting started :

Builds (all remarks are welcomed) :

6 Players
[Image: ZObHoL6.png]

12 Players (some roles can be swapped)
[Image: qVVXz5a.png]

Equipment (of course a 50hp rune on 1 piece of armor) :

Warriors :
1 set full [Image: z34cYOW.png]
1 set full [Image: IrQ8X8E.png]

Head +1 tacticts / Force switch for the Defy Pain warrior
Superior Absorption

1 shield +10/demons + sword (+7/Phys)
1 shield +10/cold(or lightning) + sword (+7/ele)

Necros :
Basic Caster armor
+3 Curse headsets / Blood headset for the SV nec
40/40 curse / blood
Shield + caster weapon (for the run part)

Monks :
Basic Caster Armor
+3 Divine fav headset / switch healing prayers headset (shoudn’t be needed if the run goes well)
+20% ench weapon / 20/20 fav
Shield + caster weapon (for the run part)

Others :
Basic Caster(or other) Armor
+3 headsets (except for paras of course)
Normal sets (40/40 for casters, shield+spear for paras,…)

Tip : The para (or the second warrior) should have a low hp armor to die fast at Kanaxai
Tip2 : (usefull for small parties, not necessary) During the running part, when crossing the Sapping Nightmares, using a weapon with [Image: 3OMnRNb.png] helps you to save your mana.

2/ Walkthrough :

Rooms 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 :

SPLITS :

R1 : Defy Pain warrior, MoP necro, Infuse monk
[Image: Z13RORZ.png]
The warrior balls the Kanaxai between the irukandjis, the necro uses SS on the kanaxai (no mop) the monk can seed if needed, once all is dead, use ymlad on the kanaxai and go forward.

R2 : 100b warrior, EoE necro, monk
[Image: WNK7pRY.png]
The warrior should enter first as the spawn can be very shitty in this room, as 1st room , ball the kanaxai on the other mobs, once balled, the necro can enter the room and spike, the monk can heal, once all is down, use ymlad on the kanaxai and go forward.

R3 : 100b warrior, Insidious necro, monk
[Image: KI2pMZn.png]
The monk and the necro can go on the bridge to wait for the ball, once all is ok, spike, heal, ymlad on kanaxai and go.

R4 : Para, Sv necro, mesmer
[Image: cziFrAO.png]
The para has to agro only the Carps, The Mesmer can Blind them for a while, the necro should focus 1 carp then spam the signet on the others, once all down, ymlad on the kanaxai and go forward.

Room 5 :
The Room 1 Warrior Aggroes everything at this spot (sorry i didn't make the aggro as it is meant to be made, but the ball must be made at the green spot) :
[Image: kPMTTwB.png]
Don’t forget to put Eoe down, the key to make a clean spike in this room is to put every mobs that aren’t balled (Usually Blessed Mantas) under 90% hp, 1 ymlad is enough to do this, if the tank has done a good ball, you should have only 4 or 5 mantas , once the ball is done, The Room 1 Necro uses SS on the kanaxai, while the other necros do off damages on the mantas, and the monks use Swap on the Restoration spirits of the Irukandjis , then the Mop Necro Puts his mop on a target in the ball, the warriors jump in and BOOM, everything go down.

Room 6 :

Normal strategy : If you have a para, use make haste on the Defy pain warrior. The Defy pain warrior aggroes the 3 patrolling groups and comes back at the door, the other warriors make a wall, once all the melees are there, Mop + 100b (quick, the mesmers have hex removal).
[Image: 6ve1b0v.png]

Everyone who has recall use it on the same person, monks use life bond on the defy pain warrior (he will have the most part of the aggro) the warriors should take the aggros of the rangers first, 1 person on each pad :
[Image: F1Bwk32.png]
BE QUICK , the monks can use seed on the pad guys (and on themselves if they did put life bonds), go to the next room (ymlad on the kanaxai when passing by, it's not a big deal if he follows you to the next room, but it makes things easier if he doesn't) , break recall AT THE SAME TIME so everyone get into the next room.

Advanced strategy : The monks use life bond on the defy pain warrior, the Defy pain warrior goes directly to the first pad on the right side (with the warriors and the mesmers on him), just need to be really quick, it is possible to get some mobs of this room into the next room when using this strategy.

This room is a bit harder for small groups (the para is really helpful here (Tip : if you’re really wealthy, pop rainbows here !)).

Room 7 :

Kill the first group when entering the room, when everyone has entered (break recall), the 100b warrior jump into the 2nd group, spike but no mop (to prevent desaggros), during the spike the Defy pain warrior does the triple pull (Switch to your +20/ele armor) [Image: nFX276e.png]
Pussy way : no Eoe, Mop+100b, seed.
Pro way : Eoe, seed (wait for everyone to be at 100%hp) Spike.

Room 8 :

The monks should cast UA before entering the room, a 100b warrior (or the defy pain, but the 100b is better here because he dies faster) aggroes everything and uses death charge on a mob at the top [Image: NYI4Q7m.png], then goes at the corner at the top of the hill. Everyone pass the room, the warrior dies, UA him, and run.

Room 9 :

Run , don’t get stuck by the onis
[Image: 4pn9YFw.png]

Room 10 :

Normal strategy : The defy pain warrior goes there : [Image: R1U2lOZ.png]
The team goes there (hit the flower) : [Image: k6JHi2V.png]
Once all the onis are on the tank, EoE, Mop+100b, run to the next room.

Advanced strategy : There is several spots to get all the onis in the room :
[Image: I7tKy67.png]
only useful when pushing for times, all is a question of timing here, the team has to go at the same spot than the other way while the warrior gets all the onis, then the team has to rush at the tanking spot to spike everything (this is a really messy if not done properly)

Room 11 :

The run part now begins :

Pop cupcakes
Use Shield+Caster weapons sets from now on.
Monks : the seed is triggered by the damages you take with the effect of the environment,
Dash man : spam dash, hos spot : [Image: Lu6tDsx.png] (use ee/recall properly)

Room 12 :

Go straight forward, you can use a -5e weapon

Room 13 :

Run, use ymlad on the rits (they can use their hex that slow you down)

Room 14 :

Run, don’t get stuck by the onis

Room 15 :

Kanaxai :

[Image: zTQq05q.png]
2 warriors use recall, go use ymlad on kanaxai (2 times) then break recall,
Go tank Kanaxai, the para can wear a 55hp armor to die quickly near the tanking spot, so the necros can spam their signet. Use ymlad on Kanaxai’s refuge, once he’s dead, a warrior can aggro all the sapping nightmares and spike them near the chest (Haha yeah you came here for 6 jadeite shards an oni stone and kanaxai’s axe !)
/resign /restart.

Waw, srsly GZ

A very extensive guide, good job!

I noticed on the paragon bar that TNTF is on the bar and I couldn't fit it in

Para doesn't run YMLAD due to the pve skill limit. Stand your ground is also effectively useless.

Enduring Harmony is nice for the tanks (dat sweet 80 second IAU), and then you have an optional for basically whatever you want. It can be We Shall Return (good luck with energy though), never surrender, or something utility related like swap if you don't trust the monk with it. You can even run vipers if your bolt is a shitter who can't stay ahead.

Honestly though, the bars here are overall somewhat outdated. You don't need 3 swaps. You don't need a mesmer, there's no shivers, etc. The core concepts are the same, but there's a lot missing here.