The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 499 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 499 errorHandler->error
/global.php 459 my_date
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 499 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 460 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 394 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 394 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 395 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 395 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 396 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 396 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 474 errorHandler->error
/global.php 466 my_date
File Line Function
/global.php 818 my_date
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 394 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 163 my_date
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 395 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 396 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 474 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 7.1.16-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 365 my_date
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 540 my_date
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

About the new Alliance

We are forming a new Alliance. The goal is to promote:
* Activity
* Positive Environment
* Different activities
* Community discussion on Alliance decisions

Activity
We strongly believe that at this stage of the lifetime of Guild Wars, it is more important than ever to promote an active environment. Inactivity generates inactivity. When a guild goes under the critical mass at which it can form runs on its own (not even necessarily fill them, but just start forming), then people will afk and log off, which makes forming even harder, and eventually people will stop logging on and move over to other games.

The only fix to this problem is to get together as a community. Guild Leaders: please accept some compromises, put your pride aside, and try to merge with other guilds. Members: please encourage and accept merges when possible, otherwise join other guilds when you see yours dying, you do not have to sink with the ship.

In order to promote a strong concentration of players in the Alliance, we have to discourage such dying guilds to exist, and encourage players to join active guilds in the Alliance.

Environment
A lot of speed-clearers are used to a negative environment of toxicity and trash-talking. While that can be fun for some, it is not enjoyed by many. Lately in [Golt] ally this negative environment was embraced by the whole ally and even promoted by the ally leaders themselves. We definitely want to change this and promote a positive environment. Attacks against a person or a guild will not be tolerated, with the exception of friendly banter. When in doubt, just be polite. If you feel attacked, please just ask to stop in alliance chat, or pm an officer/leader to do so for you. If attacks continue afterwards, the guild leader is responsible for his members, and the guild will be kicked temporarily.

Different Activities
We want to have balanced set of activities and guilds in the alliance. The general category is “high end pve” but we would like to have DoA, UW, FoW, Dungeon, Urgoz and Deep runs forming in Alliance chat.
We are limited to 10 guilds in the alliance, and wish split those slots evenly between doa, uw, fow and dungeon guilds.

Community Discussion
We want everyone to be able to express their voice. Anyone should be able to propose, for example, a new rule/guideline for ally chat or ally runs, or express their criticism or discontent.
In order to implement this, we will use a public forum, which will be the Alliance section of fbgmguild.com forums (unless someone wants to create and host some dedicated forums).
Edit: We could also/instead set up a Discord alliance chat for faster/more effective discussions too

Player Responsibilities
* When you announce runs, you should specify if you are looking for experienced players only. Otherwise, you must be willing to teach.
* Do not join experienced runs if you are not confident in the role, tactics or area. Being experienced means being able to consistently do your job without failing and without help. In case you do fail please offer to refund the conset.
* If you are inexperienced, feel free to join non-experienced runs, but notify the party leader of your experience or lack thereof and be willing to listen carefully and learn. Feel free to ask more than once about certain things you might not know after the first instruction.
* Show respect to your allies. Don’t troll, trash talk, or shit talk. Be nice.

~ Has and Blau

Which guild leaders did you talk to? Who were on board with this? Did they lie about joining this ally or did you try to do this before you had guilds on board?

Did you REALLY think that anything would have changed? I've seen these "fresh starts" before and nothing ever changes. The community is small and the players are always the same no matter what tag they are under.

I'm assuming that since you wrote the guild is disbanding there is no chance for us to even merge into the bomb ally and that's that. 

What a ride.

~Kaspar

It's been a ride indeed.

The start of the ally was going to be fam, fbgm and envy. Many guilds were positive about joining or even promised to do so, but at the end every guild requested another guild to also join, who also requested another guild, etc. They all delayed and took time, and at the end we're still waiting.

Joining bomb ally ourselves is another matter. After days of talking they offered us *one* spot, since they didn't want to kick some of their guilds, we would have to merge. This was unfair so we declined. A week later, they did kick some of their guilds to invite Golt and AFK.

We're still working on improving our situation but overall we're exhausted and feel backstabbed by the whole SC community. We have an ideal, we are trying to create something good and lasting for the gw speedclear community. Most people we talked to agreed, but very few acted upon it.